DescriptionCharge Registered Nurse Telemetry UnitCentral Texas Medical CenterLocation Address:
1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
- Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
- Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
- CTMC's CREATION Health Institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
- LeapFrog grade A for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6th year of Most Wired Health System, Click here to review other prestigious awards:
- Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
Full Time DaysYou Will Be Responsible For:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. In conducting these activities the Charge Nurse will exercise independent judgment and discretion in the interest of Central Texas Medical Center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- The registered nurse is responsible for assessing, evaluating, implementing and planning patient centered care for all assigned patients on the unit during his/her shift, according to the standards of care of Central Texas Medical Center. Is able to perform basic and advanced nursing functions in all care areas.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Directs the work of RNs, LVNs, CNAs, unit clerk and students on the Med/Surg unit. Manages all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment and promotes and participates in teamwork with physicians and personnel of this and other departments.
QualificationsWhat You Will Need:
- Current license as an RN in the state of Texas.
- Associates Degree from an accredited school of nursing, Bachelors preferred
- Current certificate in BLS
- Current certificate in ACLS within 3 months of hire
To provide nursing services, regardless of the age, disability, economic status, gender, national origin, race, religion or health problems of the client served. Assists with the coordination of unit management and operations during shift as unit Shift Leader. The Charge Nurse is responsible for organizing, coordinating, prioritizing, and facilitating the delivery of care by team members during their shift. Associate remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and treats staff, physician, patients and families with consideration and respect
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care unit, infusion, maternal, recovery, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical, transitional