The primary responsibility of the Network Systems Analyst Support position will be to resolve Core-Mark employee / end user support issues related to end user systems managed by the Network Systems Group. This individual will take ownership of hardware, OS, or desktop application related issues through to resolution. The successful candidate will use their knowledge of Windows operating systems (Windows 10), applications such as Microsoft Office to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a timely manner or re-direct to the appropriate team as needed. This role is considered an intermediate technical role within the Information Technology group.
* Support users across the Core-Mark Wide Area network and remote users connected over VPN. Maintain accurate log entries of contact with resolution details and follow-up information. Understand importance of resolving issues in a timely manner. Network consists of 2000 + PCs, 100+ servers across 30 plus locations.
* Direct and assist Core-Mark employees in deployment of new Desktop and laptop PC's.
* Basic MS Active Directory / MS Exchange / Office 365 administrative tasks such as (but not limited to) adding, changing, or disabling user accounts and mailboxes, and updating distribution and security groups.
* Pro-actively resolve issues on desktop or notebook PCs or escalate as appropriate.
* Work with other team members on projects as required by IT team.
Knowledge and Skills
* 2-5 years working experience with Microsoft Windows Operating System. Basic understanding of Active Directory. Familiarity with Group Policy, MS Exchange, or SharePoint a plus.
* Technical understanding of Windows Desktop OS and remote working methods.
* Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure (hardware, client devices, operating systems, directory services, importance of systems redundancy etc.) is an advantage. Experience with Trend Micro Anti-Virus, Carbon Black, Checkpoint VPN, or Duo Security two factor authentication a plus
* Ability to learn quickly and apply new technical information as required.
* Demonstrates systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to work.
* Can effectively plan, schedule and monitor work.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Familiar with a range tools and resources to leverage for resolving complex technical issues.
Associated topics: assistance, client, deskside, help, pc, service, support specialist, systems administrator, technician, technician ii
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.