Position: I & E Maintenance Reliability Engineer
Location: Freeport, TX Area
Compensation:Commensurate with Experience plus Bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
I & E MAINTENANCE RELIABILITY ENGINEER POSITION SUMMARY:
- The I&E Reliability Engineer is part of the Maintenance & Reliability Group supporting plant operation and reliability improvement efforts.
- Working in a team environment, it carries responsibility for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks, and supporting maintenance activities.
- The position interacts with other technical groups on site (process engineering, maintenance, and capital project groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance.
- Reports directly to the Maintenance & Reliability Leader
I & E MAINTENANCE RELIABILITY ENGINEER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead or participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Apply data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost, and regulatory compliance issues
- Lead repair and replacement related projects for basic Instrument and Electrical equipment
- Provide technical support/expertise within your discipline in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability / reliability.
- Participate in the development of design and installation specifications and commissioning plans.
- Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Develop acceptance tests and inspection criteria
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology, assessing applicability to improve reliability and performance, or to reduce maintenance cost
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes: Value-added preventative maintenance tasks and Predictive technologies
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions
- Provide technical support to production, maintenance, project, and process engineering groups
- Consult with peers at the site and across the company.
I & E MAINTENANCE RELIABILITY ENGINEER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process preferred.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
- The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow.
- The individual must have or develop basic proficiency in the following areas with the ability to develop into a subject matter expert in particular areas:
oBasic understanding of industry codes and standards (i.e. IEEE, ISA, NFPA, NEC)
oInstrumentation and measurement technology
oLow voltage power distribution and controls
oSafety Instrumented System specification, design, and implementation
oAnalyzers and sample systems
oPLC maintenance and functionality
oComponent failure analysis
oReliability Engineering concepts
oReliability data analysis techniques
oPredictive and Preventive Maintenance concepts
oAbility to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, Meridium)
oMust have experience in writing or interpreting internal or Industry standards for instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Excellent communicator, strong leader, have solid interpersonal skills and be able to deal with all levels in the organization.
- Balanced strategic and tactical focus, be creative and innovative, and demonstrate outstanding problem solving, analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Self-starter and have high standards.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the United States without the need for any type of sponsorship
Associated topics: bsee, circuit, design, dsp, electrical, hardware, power, schema, solar, wiring