Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Internal Financial Controls Reporting Advisor for our San Antonio, TX facility.
The ICFR (Internal Controls Financial Reporting) Advisor performs professional duties in support of ICFR program initiatives with minimal supervision. This individual applies maturing functional knowledge while partnering with various control partners across the USAA Enterprise to produce complex work deliverables in support of ICFR Program pillars including governance & strategy, risk assessment & scoping, control selection, control testing, and evaluating results.
- Under minimal supervision, manages one of the following initiatives on behalf of ICFR PMO in support of ICFR related initiatives which may include: Oversight and mapping of business processes to significant accounts, coordinate and/or facilitate execution of walk through schedule/sessions, conducts re-testing activities, supports process owner attestation process, assists with documenting results supporting final ICFR effectiveness decisions.
- Assists with coordination efforts for ICFR walk through activities to include obtaining and developing required documentation.
- May support ICFR PMO in advising USAA management over ICFR effectiveness and best practices through walk through activities and ICFR monthly meetings escalating concerns to ICFR PMO management.
- May partner and coordinate with BCM control partners to identify ICFR controls and issues, learns to provide guidance on control test scripts and issue evaluation, and learns to document root cause analysis in accordance with ICFR Program methodologies.
- Seeks to identify opportunities to improve and strengthen the ICFR control environment; learns to provide guidance and recommendations to BCM partners in the execution of ICFR activities, and assists with ICFR training activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or a related field required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2 or more years experience in Internal Control Financial Reporting (ICFR), financial accounting and controls and/or auditing work experience.
- 1 or more years of progressive related experience developing, influencing and delivering results in a complex ICFR matrix environment.
- Public accounting experience
- Experience working in a publicly traded company
- SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) experience
- Financial services industry experience
- CPA designation
- MBA or advanced degree
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Associated topics: annuities, bond, broker, brokerage, buy, commodities, equity, invest, risk, securities broker